Maintaining the furnace not only extends the life of the furnace, but it may also reduce your heating bill because of increased efficiency of the furnace. Home heating systems that aren’t properly maintained may be less than 50 percent efficient.
A furnace break-down is the last thing you want to be dealing with in the middle of a winter night. (Though, TODDCO Inc. does have 24 hour emergency service.)
Here is a checklist of services we perform with each maintenance check:
- Safety test for carbon monoxide (CO)
- Maintain air filters and re-install
- Check gas pilot safety system and service as required
- Maintain the motor and fan
- Check condition, tension and alignment of fan belt and perform required adjustments
- Service burners and set for proper combustion & ignition
- Check gas piping to furnace
- Inspect the heat exchanger
- Lubricate the blower motor
- Adjust belts and drives
- Check gas valve operation
- Clean and adjust the pilot
- Check the thermocouple
- Check and calibrate the thermostat
- Check the filters
- Check the humidifier (if applicable)
For furnace maintenance, please contact the professionals at TODDCO Inc. and schedule an appointment at your convenience. Call (219) 838-7750 or e-mail our customer service team.
Don’t wait until you have a house full of company for the holidays for your furnace to break down!
Todd Sanders, President and Owner of TODDCO Inc.